I’ve been working mostly on electrical and lighting, some utility and improvements up front, and just trying my hardest to get the storage bay finished up down below. Crawling around on my knees in the gravel in December/January has not felt like the best use of my time, but here I am. In no particular […]
I’ve been working at getting more lighting in, and staying with reflective where possible. I also got the fridge reconnected again, so that’s nice. You’ll see in the photos some landscaping light bulbs – these are a similar mount to the over head console lights I have, so I replaced those incandescents with the LEDs. […]
Got some onboard electrical going finally. I have an older 40 amp float charger – you can just leave it plugged in. I am treating the lighting in the bus sort of like a car, they are connected to the coach batteries not house batteries. There is a relay setup that connects the coach batteries […]
Got the folding activity tables installed. Each table is 77×18 inches. It should be enough room for 6 folks to eat dinner, computer nerd, draw, homework, whatever. They fold flat and stow under the beds. The upper beds will have sheeting and fold out lights or whatever. When the uppers are folded out for beds, […]
Master bedroom door. Keeps the peanut gallery out. Its a nice space saver, and still locks. Little felt pads and some angle channel helps keep the sound from traveling. It feels like an elevator door. Those are just drawer hinges doubled up. The clear plastic panel above lets natural light in from the roof hatch.
Someone asked how you make those luggage doors with the big folds in the flat-ish. You know the ones – the bus driver thought they could make it over that hump in the road and high centered the vehicle instead. So I’m assuming you don’t have completely destroyed doors, like no tears in the sheet […]
Well, this was a lot of work. Lots of pictures below. Wire wheel strip all the failing paint from the new panels (didn’t scuff them, cheap alklyd paint applied under humid damp conditions) Then sand everything else, sand around all the rivets. Scotch brite around the rivet dimples. Walnut blast remaining paint from rivet dimples. […]
I’m using Omni MP243 aka spray mud as the primer. Its specified as a DTM primer if its clean steel. A light sanding afterward yields a completely adequate subsurface for topcoat. I thought I’d hate working with rivets and crappy surfaces that will never get fixed (usually I’m block sanding everything) but I have embraced […]