Well, this was a lot of work. Lots of pictures below. Wire wheel strip all the failing paint from the new panels (didn’t scuff them, cheap alklyd paint applied under humid damp conditions) Then sand everything else, sand around all the rivets. Scotch brite around the rivet dimples. Walnut blast remaining paint from rivet dimples. […]
I’m using Omni MP243 aka spray mud as the primer. Its specified as a DTM primer if its clean steel. A light sanding afterward yields a completely adequate subsurface for topcoat. I thought I’d hate working with rivets and crappy surfaces that will never get fixed (usually I’m block sanding everything) but I have embraced […]
Right now I’ve switched gears and I’m preping the exterior for real paint. The weather here should be good for another month. The crappy temporary primer peels off the sheet metal I put up like a fruit roll up. I’m pretty excited to get this done. Lots of sanding and seam sealing. I’ll probably tackle […]
Just a work progress photo. Countertops close to done – working with cesarstone (quartz epoxy) material is interesting. It is pretty forgiving stuff. Lots of drawers and things going in. Plumbing and wiring next.